About Me

Perth, WA, Australia
Hi friends. To those I have met in person and the many I haven't - welcome to our nest. Thanks so much for stopping by. I am a mama of six baby birds and wife to one papa bird. Our nest is an intricately woven home, crafted over time, through the highs and lows of life, and many in-betweens. We are soon to leave our Australian nest to re-locate to our second home, the UK. This is our story, of our new life in a new country, the trials and tribulations, bidding goodbye to precious friends and embracing new. I know at times, our wings will be flapping so hard to keep us moving forward that we will tire, however, a little perseverence will bring effortless gliding amongst a soft breeze, and even stronger wings for the journey ahead. Welcome to our flight......

Tuesday, 22 February 2011

The Discipline Days


In our household there is a fair amount of teaching and correcting.

Some days, I fear, when the moon is in some sort of strange alignment, we seem to be giving the children time-outs, send-outs and all manner of other 'outs', usually in the form of 'out of the room' or 'out of his/her personal space' or 'out of the house and chase the monkey off your back'. My parents used to say that to me which used to make 'my back-pack monkey' even madder and instead of trying to dislodge the little critter I would encourage it's presence with all manner of forbidden words and naughtiness.

Other days, we have issues with noise - lots of it, all at once and all the time. I never thought that I would view silence as a golden gift, but when I experience it, I drink it in like my last breath. I have decided that noise breeds noise, and the higher octaves of one child, spures on the next to excel at all costs.

On Saturday just gone, we had one of our naughty and noisy days and at one stage every child was in time-out, including the dog, and the OBH, who hid in the toilet with a mag. Every so often someone would peep their head out of their bedroom door, like one in battle, to see if the coast was clear. Once spotted I promptly sent them back to their beds with their tails between their legs.
After a while they all slunk back to civilisation, very repentant and very worried that ice-cream was off the menu for the day.

Sometimes I line them all up and ask them to look me in the eye, to gain maximum impact, and lo and behold, even the dog is in the line, standing to attention. Impressive hey?

However, you know what? One day, I won't have little ones to correct and the small things such as picking one's nose and growing a 'booger farm' under one's bed, will give way to picking a tux for one's wedding day.

Tissues please?

No comments:

Post a Comment