About Me

Perth, WA, Australia
Hi friends. To those I have met in person and the many I haven't - welcome to our nest. Thanks so much for stopping by. I am a mama of six baby birds and wife to one papa bird. Our nest is an intricately woven home, crafted over time, through the highs and lows of life, and many in-betweens. We are soon to leave our Australian nest to re-locate to our second home, the UK. This is our story, of our new life in a new country, the trials and tribulations, bidding goodbye to precious friends and embracing new. I know at times, our wings will be flapping so hard to keep us moving forward that we will tire, however, a little perseverence will bring effortless gliding amongst a soft breeze, and even stronger wings for the journey ahead. Welcome to our flight......

Wednesday, 1 December 2010

A Dog's Day ..


It has been a dog's day today ... for our Cavoodle puppy that is. She has not had a good one.

This morning, I roused her from her sleep to come and run with me. She looked at me wearily as if to say, 'Is it that time already?. Another five minutes kip would be most appreciated'. But no, it was time to hit the pavement and quickly before the sun was too high in the sky.

So off we went. Well, actually, I ran and puppy dogged lagged behind, like a tired toddler. No amount of coaxing or cajoling would make her keep up with me. Did she need a poopy stop? Apparently not. Was it too hot on the pavement? Not yet, at 5.30 in the morning! What was it? Basically, she just wasn't in the mood for early morning exertion. She was feeling a bit blue, I think. Poor love, I know the feeling. So I ran and she continued to lag and eventually we made our way around our course. As soon as we got home she flopped into her bed, looking at me with her brown, woeful eyes as if to say, 'Just leave me, I don't want to talk about it'.

I did leave her, as the humans in the house started to rise and all of their needs and wants were presented for the day. However, later in the afternoon I realised the cause for her melancholy. It was the baby kittens, the newest additions to our family and the fact that they look at her through the window from morning till night. Teasing her really, as they are inside and she is outside. She feels like she has been demoted, cast aside, traded in for newer, cuter versions, which of course, isn't the case because we love her to bits.

So, in an attempt to lift furry one's spirits, I thought I would give her a treat for dinner. Skinless hot dogs (the sausages, not the real things). I warmed them up for her and cut them into bite-size pieces and even put them in a pastel china bowl (ours if you don't mind).

She scoffed them, then promptly threw them up.

Maybe it was the words, hot dog, that put her off her dinner, or maybe, as I said, it was just a dog's day for her.

Never mind, this too shall pass ...

No comments:

Post a Comment