About Me

Perth, WA, Australia
Hi friends. To those I have met in person and the many I haven't - welcome to our nest. Thanks so much for stopping by. I am a mama of six baby birds and wife to one papa bird. Our nest is an intricately woven home, crafted over time, through the highs and lows of life, and many in-betweens. We are soon to leave our Australian nest to re-locate to our second home, the UK. This is our story, of our new life in a new country, the trials and tribulations, bidding goodbye to precious friends and embracing new. I know at times, our wings will be flapping so hard to keep us moving forward that we will tire, however, a little perseverence will bring effortless gliding amongst a soft breeze, and even stronger wings for the journey ahead. Welcome to our flight......

Wednesday, 13 October 2010

The New Addition



We have had a surprise addition to our already growing family! Quite unexpected and unplanned and now I may have to change the title of my blog.

I am in a dilemma because we really do have our hands full and our days are busy and often chaotic with lots of little people to clothe and feed (you know the drill).

And it is all Garfield's fault and the fact that he/she is a transvestite and apparently isn't a boy but a girl. You see, Garfield, the boy (!) gave birth to the most adorable bunch of ginger and white babies you have ever seen. So what is one to do when one's teenage daughter looks at you with those longing, puppy dog eyes and says that because this was an unplanned pregnancy (I'll say!) who knows what the future holds for them and could we consider an adoption?

Thank goodness I didn't give any of the baby things away because, even though this isn't a human baby, you just never know when the unexpected can happen and it could be me one morning giving birth to a litter of five in the shed down the back. Although, if that happened, for the record, I would have to be committed, especially if my babies had furry ears and were ginger and white!

So anyway, our little girl is called Maisy and she will be a brilliant friend for our puppy dog, Flora (that is the plan anyway) as they eat, sleep and co-habit. Well that is the plan anyway. However in my past experience of keeping cats, they actually end up keeping you instead of the other way around.

Did I mention I am allergic to cats?

Did I also mention that I am a complete and utter soft touch?

1 comment:

  1. Miaow, woof, waah - a lovely cacophony of sounds in a busy and loving home! Maisy is a lucky cat:)

    ReplyDelete