About Me

Perth, WA, Australia
Hi friends. To those I have met in person and the many I haven't - welcome to our nest. Thanks so much for stopping by. I am a mama of six baby birds and wife to one papa bird. Our nest is an intricately woven home, crafted over time, through the highs and lows of life, and many in-betweens. We are soon to leave our Australian nest to re-locate to our second home, the UK. This is our story, of our new life in a new country, the trials and tribulations, bidding goodbye to precious friends and embracing new. I know at times, our wings will be flapping so hard to keep us moving forward that we will tire, however, a little perseverence will bring effortless gliding amongst a soft breeze, and even stronger wings for the journey ahead. Welcome to our flight......

Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Grumpy Gremlins



I think my kids have had enough of each other these holidays, and these are only the short ones. What am I going to do when the Christmas holidays knock on my front door and set up residence in my lounge room for 6 whole weeks?

It all started with a bit of niggling, then a few pokes and pushes (accidentally, of course) and then the dreaded whining and inevitably ends with tears and tantrums.

Maybe there is an air of something in my house because even my gentle and ever so kind Dad had a tantrum in my house the other day - and it was in front of my friend! Said Father was on our computer which characteristically was not complying and then it happened. At first it was just a bit of an impatient click of the tongue, then the head went in his heads and a low growl was emitted. I am not sure whether any profanities were expelled, if they were they would have been very much under his breath with all of the eyes and ears of little people in our house. The foot was stamped a few times and a foul look came across his usual pleasant and lovely face. Thankfully, my OBH, the servant that he is, went over to offer a hand. I am surprised Dad didn't snap it off! Anyway, when it was all over, I gave my beloved Dad a withering look and enquired whether he had finished and could he please not have a paddy in my house in front of my friend. He slithered home soon after that. Haven't seen or heard from him in a few days.

So today, I have decided is going to be a good day. Even though I can hear the rumblings of discontent from the other end of the house, I am stoic in my belief that we have all shed the monkeys from our back. And anyway, I am not going to be here. I am off to a Day Spa today for a delicious pamper of body and soul. I may never return - just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment