About Me

Perth, WA, Australia
Hi friends. To those I have met in person and the many I haven't - welcome to our nest. Thanks so much for stopping by. I am a mama of six baby birds and wife to one papa bird. Our nest is an intricately woven home, crafted over time, through the highs and lows of life, and many in-betweens. We are soon to leave our Australian nest to re-locate to our second home, the UK. This is our story, of our new life in a new country, the trials and tribulations, bidding goodbye to precious friends and embracing new. I know at times, our wings will be flapping so hard to keep us moving forward that we will tire, however, a little perseverence will bring effortless gliding amongst a soft breeze, and even stronger wings for the journey ahead. Welcome to our flight......

Friday, 9 July 2010

Delicates and Poo ...


These days I seem to spend a lot of time either thinking about washing or actually doing the washing, which I know is pretty sad but I console myself with the fact that this is indeed my 'season of the endless washing cycle'.

So here's the thing .. my washing has changed and evolved, much like our family really. At first it was just my other better half and I, then baby (pop!) and then pop!, pop!, pop! and double-pop!! - more babies and more bodies to keep clothed and clean. Where once my washing was all gentle soaking of delicates, silk, lace and pretty things, lovingly cared and tended for, bathed in fabric softener and dried in the shade, now it is, well, slightly different.

I have become well acquainted with sand!!! Those little grains get everywhere!! Through every wash, pouring out of pockets and crevices in jocks. It sits down the bottom of my machine, never to be properly rinsed out of the cycle. It sticks to all of our clothes and is transferred to the rest of the house (nothing like getting into gritty sheets at night!) only to be re-cycled into the machine once again.

Then there is the subject of poo (again!). I can't seem to get away from it at the moment with little ones. How can two 8 month old babies produce so much of the stuff? Why can't they save it all up, say, for a Monday, and we can have a special 'poo day' and deal with it all at once. But no, of course, it comes in dribs and drabs and sometimes explosions, which in turn produces more washing. And sometimes it (yep, the poo) ends up in the washing, along with the sand and the lego pieces and the lost buttons. I open the machine and sure enough, bits of poo floating to the surface being washed and rinsed along with all the rest of the paraphernalia.

Then there is the rogue tissue - but don't get me started on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment