About Me

Perth, WA, Australia
Hi friends. To those I have met in person and the many I haven't - welcome to our nest. Thanks so much for stopping by. I am a mama of six baby birds and wife to one papa bird. Our nest is an intricately woven home, crafted over time, through the highs and lows of life, and many in-betweens. We are soon to leave our Australian nest to re-locate to our second home, the UK. This is our story, of our new life in a new country, the trials and tribulations, bidding goodbye to precious friends and embracing new. I know at times, our wings will be flapping so hard to keep us moving forward that we will tire, however, a little perseverence will bring effortless gliding amongst a soft breeze, and even stronger wings for the journey ahead. Welcome to our flight......

Tuesday, 20 July 2010

Hide your Knickers ...


Our Cavoodle puppy dog has a fetish with knickers, namely used ones and in the general vicinity of the crotch (yeuch!!). We have been through countless pairs of smalls but the latest frenzied knickers attack really got to me. You see, I had been out on a 'personal mummy retreat day' (translation - mummy is on-the-edge and needs some retail therapy!). I left home around midday, all on my own (aahh) and drove 35 minutes to one of the biggest shopping malls in town. And for the next four hours, I tootled around, drank coffee, ate cake, talked to nobody (!!!!) and spent money. Namely, a sizeable portion on some pretty, silky, frilly, new knickers (all of them on sale and a HUGE bargain! What could I do?).

I finally staggered home around dinner time, just as my other better half was about to shove his head in the oven and snort cooking fumes up his nose to block out the noise and crying babies. It was after all 6pm and the arsenic hour had been in full swing for a whole 60 minutes (and might I add, like any good wife, I went straight to the fridge to pour him a beer. No words required!).

Later on, I proudly showed hubby my wares, extolling the virtues of a fabulous mid-year sale and how much money I had actually saved him. And over the next few nights, I looked forward to trying on a new pair of knickers from my large stash. That is, until puppy dog got wind of them. During my night-time shower she quietly snuck into my bedroom and, quick as a flash, stole two pairs of my prized silky numbers. In a matter of minutes they had been licked (yeuch again) and shredded in two, starting at the crotch of course.

And then there are the socks. Now, I have trouble matching socks for my brood anyway, but when you throw a dog in the mix it gets even more complicated. She, the dog, will tear holes in smelly (used) socks, quicker than the brain can process what she is actually doing, and by then it is too late.

So not only do we have missing socks, but we have socks with holes in them and fancy, frilly knickers with an eaten crotch. I guess I could wear them as a very short skirt with extra breathing space underneath, but I think that would scare the children necessitating therapy and send the 'man of the house' running!

No comments:

Post a Comment