About Me

Perth, WA, Australia
Hi friends. To those I have met in person and the many I haven't - welcome to our nest. Thanks so much for stopping by. I am a mama of six baby birds and wife to one papa bird. Our nest is an intricately woven home, crafted over time, through the highs and lows of life, and many in-betweens. We are soon to leave our Australian nest to re-locate to our second home, the UK. This is our story, of our new life in a new country, the trials and tribulations, bidding goodbye to precious friends and embracing new. I know at times, our wings will be flapping so hard to keep us moving forward that we will tire, however, a little perseverence will bring effortless gliding amongst a soft breeze, and even stronger wings for the journey ahead. Welcome to our flight......

Monday, 7 June 2010

The Big Green Monster ...


We are in our new house. It is lovely and spacious, new and bright. We are also drowning in snot and covered in spit from violent coughing. Yep, the winter flu. Perfect timing the week we move in and I am desperately trying to organise, well, everything! It is incredible how much the human body can excrete from their noses and all of the different colours it can produce. Clear and frothy that kind of dribbles into the mouth, milky white which is a bit thicker and hangs just above the top lip, pus yellow (eeuch!) which always seems to end up on the sleeves of children's jumper and then of course, the daddy of all daddy's, the BIG GREEN MONSTER. This is serious nose discharge and of course, a sign of infection. Nobody goes near the kid with the green nose. Mothers discussing their children's health status are all interested in nose discharge colour. 'Oh its fine, little Johnny just has a bit of a runny nose. It's clear, NOT GREEN, so lets still get together and have that play'. (Which in translation really means I want to distract my kind-of-sick-kid by playing with your healthy kid, so I can sit down for two hours, drink coffee and eat cake - but I digress).

Anyway, my kids noses are all green. Needless to say the other day I was giving number 3 son a cuddle and kiss and as I walked away, noticed something on my upper lip. Without thinking I whipped my tongue out (thinking it was a biscuit crumb or something) and disposed of the offending 'thing' (in my mouth). Yep, you guessed it, snot. My son's dried up crusty old piece of snot that had been hanging around in his nose for quite some time. But hey, it wasn't green.

No comments:

Post a Comment