About Me

Perth, WA, Australia
Hi friends. To those I have met in person and the many I haven't - welcome to our nest. Thanks so much for stopping by. I am a mama of six baby birds and wife to one papa bird. Our nest is an intricately woven home, crafted over time, through the highs and lows of life, and many in-betweens. We are soon to leave our Australian nest to re-locate to our second home, the UK. This is our story, of our new life in a new country, the trials and tribulations, bidding goodbye to precious friends and embracing new. I know at times, our wings will be flapping so hard to keep us moving forward that we will tire, however, a little perseverence will bring effortless gliding amongst a soft breeze, and even stronger wings for the journey ahead. Welcome to our flight......

Saturday, 15 May 2010

Serene Sundays ...

Sunday 16th May 10. A lovely and relaxing morning - just as Sundays should be. A lie in and potter about my pretty messy and unorganised house. Number 4 child wet the bed, babies one and two, wet and pooed their beds and the laundry was starting to creep up the hallway to meet me before I had finished my first cup of tea for the day. Oh well, deep breath and throw another load in and give my old faithful washing machine a pat for all of the hard work 'she' does! Day in, day out 'she is a trooper'.

And while we are on the subject of domestic appliances - I cannot praise the invention of dishwashers enough!!! What household could do without them these days?? I make mine work hard, really hard. No rinsing or faffing about with mine - everything gets chucked in and not allowed to come out until all shiny and squeeky clean. If something isn't clean I just put in back in again (and again and again) until it is. I think my record is to re-wash something around 5 or 6 times (eggs can be challenging!). Chopping boards on the other hand do need extra attention and tend to pile up in the sink until I can't turn the tap on. Somebody should make a machine that is big enough to place EVERYTHING in and while they are at it, it would be great if it could wash the kids and maybe even help with homework every now and then - there's a thought!

Remainder of the day is to start packing (loathsome chore). We move in two weeks and I have been trying to block all of the impending work from my thoughts (doesn't work though). I had better get out of my jammies and put on my 'packing gear' and maybe I will be able to accomplish one whole box before the next baby feed, or toilet stop, or fire that needs putting out somewhere with somebody ....... ....... and so my day trundles on. Ciao:)

No comments:

Post a Comment