About Me

Perth, WA, Australia
Hi friends. To those I have met in person and the many I haven't - welcome to our nest. Thanks so much for stopping by. I am a mama of six baby birds and wife to one papa bird. Our nest is an intricately woven home, crafted over time, through the highs and lows of life, and many in-betweens. We are soon to leave our Australian nest to re-locate to our second home, the UK. This is our story, of our new life in a new country, the trials and tribulations, bidding goodbye to precious friends and embracing new. I know at times, our wings will be flapping so hard to keep us moving forward that we will tire, however, a little perseverence will bring effortless gliding amongst a soft breeze, and even stronger wings for the journey ahead. Welcome to our flight......

Saturday, 22 May 2010

The Weather Blues ...


It is a horrible, wet and rainy day today. It is also cold. I don't like the cold. I also don't like it when it is blazing hot or steamy or humid. I don't care for windy days either. It messes up my hair and blows leaves everywhere. I'm not keen on overcast days - too gloomy and dull. On the other hand, give me a bright day and the glare is too much! Now this all poses a problem. Basically, I don't like the weather. I have often thought, where can I go to live that will keep me happy all year round and I have yet to come up with a destination. On the whole, I am difficult, I admit. Even some would say, hard to please. True again. So what can I do about all of this? Not much really except be grateful that I don't live in a country that suffers from earth-quakes, tsunami's, hurricanes and other devastating natural disasters. Now that's a humbling thought .... think I will go outside and be grateful for the rain that has watered my garden and the fact that our car has had a lovely rain-water wash :)

No comments:

Post a Comment