About Me

Perth, WA, Australia
Hi friends. To those I have met in person and the many I haven't - welcome to our nest. Thanks so much for stopping by. I am a mama of six baby birds and wife to one papa bird. Our nest is an intricately woven home, crafted over time, through the highs and lows of life, and many in-betweens. We are soon to leave our Australian nest to re-locate to our second home, the UK. This is our story, of our new life in a new country, the trials and tribulations, bidding goodbye to precious friends and embracing new. I know at times, our wings will be flapping so hard to keep us moving forward that we will tire, however, a little perseverence will bring effortless gliding amongst a soft breeze, and even stronger wings for the journey ahead. Welcome to our flight......

Friday, 21 May 2010

Domestic Strike ...

Isn't it interesting that kids have no concept of mess - none whatsoever. They are happy to step over their tossed shoes, jammies, last night's dinner crumbs, last week's newspaper, even the dog's poops. And even if they step in the poop they just hop around on one foot for a bit and keep on playing (well my children anyway!!).

I decided the other day that I wouldn't pick up after anybody, only myself, and to see how long it would take before a) I lost one of the children in the rubble; b) we could hear the dog but couldn't locate her; or c) I truly couldn't stand the mess. Guess what, sadly, 'c' won after only a day! The problem was that I found out that 'mess' mutaites. It truly grows culture-like substances that stick to each other at an alarming rate and before you know it your whole house is covered with it. Depressingly I have admitted defeat and now continue with my old ways. I will have to give some thought to another way around this - maybe a house-keeper, not a house-cleaner a house-KEEPER, somebody other than me! You know, the live-in kind, like Alice in the Brady Brunch. Well they had six kids - think that is a fair argument actually. Will work on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment