About Me

Perth, WA, Australia
Hi friends. To those I have met in person and the many I haven't - welcome to our nest. Thanks so much for stopping by. I am a mama of six baby birds and wife to one papa bird. Our nest is an intricately woven home, crafted over time, through the highs and lows of life, and many in-betweens. We are soon to leave our Australian nest to re-locate to our second home, the UK. This is our story, of our new life in a new country, the trials and tribulations, bidding goodbye to precious friends and embracing new. I know at times, our wings will be flapping so hard to keep us moving forward that we will tire, however, a little perseverence will bring effortless gliding amongst a soft breeze, and even stronger wings for the journey ahead. Welcome to our flight......

Sunday, 16 May 2010

'Mummy Helper' ...


I just came home from being 'mummy helper' at pre-primary and kindy. I walked straight in the door to make a strong coffee and eat chocolate (dark of course - good for .... iron stores or something). So ..... today my thoughts are on being the little kid's helper at school. My idea of 'mummy helper' is to help my children, interacting with them, doing puzzles and craft that I would never dream of doing with them at home BUT I get put to work on 'fruit duty' and 'cutting duty' and then I had to be part of an obstacle course and man the see-saw. Visions of knocked out teeth kept flashing before my eyes. And my precious two were looking at me with puppy dog eyes because all they wanted was to hold my hand and stand next to me but I was too busy looking after everybody's else's children. Not really what I had in mind, considering I have six of my own 24/7. Babies were being rocked in their pram by number 2 son and as they got louder and louder in their protest of being strapped in and covered over with a thick blanket, number 3 son was looking more and more worried that I would sneak away. Finally I did have to leave (actually one of the teacher's assistants suggested it) and my son promptly burst into tears. Talk about pull on the mummy heart strings. Number 4 daughter wasn't bothered either way whether I stayed or left which I am not sure is good or not?
Anyway ..... I have had quite a full morning really - and it is amazing how far kids can actually get their fingers up their noses for a good old pick (and how many of them do it during 'mat time'. Would shudder to think what that would look like under a microscope!) While we are on the subject of bodily functions, I will just close by saying that there was a lot of passing wind in the classroom as well. It could have even been me at one point, but hey, I just blamed the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment